Top 10 Reasons Social Media Marketing Matters
1) Its here to stay. Everyone is one social media. It seems like their are new networks popping up everyday. While most of them do not last, it is clear that the major networks are not going anywhere.
2) It allows other users to do your marketing for you. Everything gets shared and passed around on the internet. Utilizing this marketing channel is one of the fastest and easiest ways to get your message spread to the masses.
3) You look outdated if you are not participating. People naturally assume you have an online presence. If you do not it looks like you are not up to date with the modern world and you lose credibility.
4) You need to know what others are saying about you. In the age of the internet, news and opinions spread quickly. If you are not on it, you have no way to know what others are saying about you.
5) These sites get more traffic than any other type of website. Google may still be the #1 most visited site online, but when you combine the total traffic of the top networks, they will win every time.
6) It is only growing over time. The sheer amount of sites related to this online activity is multiplying every year. The fact is that if you don't get started now, you will left behind.
7) Your network stats matter. The number of friends you have online is used by just about everyone to gauge your credibility. If you do not have an account or have no one else following you, then your trust level drops tremendously.
8) Its a great way to stay in contact with your friends and fans. The ability to directly communicate with people online should never be overlooked. People want to communicate. And you should want them to communicate with you if you want to be successful.
9) People will be able to find you online. As your internet presence grows, people will naturally form a community around you. When you have a community watching for your next messages and looking for your recent activity, they will naturally broadcast you to the world and grow your connections for you.
10) Its costs absolutely nothing to do. Its all free marketing. You simply have to be willing to put in a bit of time and effort to grow your connections. As you do this more and more, your reach will grow exponentially. And the best part is that all of this can be done very little - if you are willing to put a bit of effort into the process of nurturing your online community.